SpongeTron is a robot descendant of SpongeBob SquarePants who lives during the 41st century. Their overall appearance is like SpongeBob SquarePants, only perfect square and robotic form. They were seen in the episode "SB-129." When Squidward arrived in the future, he shortly met SpongeTron and his three clones, as well as Patron in the kitchen area of the Krusty Krab, where SpongeTrons work. There are 486 SpongeTrons, the official SpongeTron and one for each letter of the alphabet. They are voiced by Tom Kenny.
SpongeTrons best friend is Patron (a two-headed descendant of Patrick) and they all love Jellyfishing just like SpongeBob does. One of the SpongeTron's first words after seeing Squidward was "Holy Krabby Patties!", probably meaning that Krabby Patties are still in the future but may look chrome. They make a computer click sound to turn robotic.
The SpongeTrons' legs double as rockets, which allow them to hover over the floor. They also can pull their ties to make a robotic arm come out of their hats holding a brick that then they will drop. The original SpongeTron has been known to own a chrome hammer that fires a red laser beam. He used this to free Squidward from a block of ice.
- Rocket Flight - SpongeTron has small rocket boosters that he can replace with his feet.
- Hat Brick - SpongeTron has a brick in his hat that he can drop on people.
- Laser Hammer - SpongeTron has a hammer that can shoot a laser beam that he used to thaw out Squidward.
- Clones - SpongeTron has many other clones he may use to his disposal.
- Intelligence - Being in the future would mean SpongeTron has a vast intellect.
- "Welcome to the Future!"
- "Oops! Oh yeah, that one's the can opener."
- "Greetings primitive!"
- "SpongeBob?! No! (robot voice) I am SpongeTron."
- "Well, why didn't you just ask? The time machine is down the hall to the left!"
- "Everything is chrome in the future!"
- The 486 SpongeTrons are possibly a reference to the 486 Intel CPU.
- Some of the robot's features/gadgets are rocket jets in each leg, revealing himself to be a robotic SpongeBob, and pulling his tie to have a robotic arm come out and drop a brick on a person's head.
- Some SpongeTron last names are X, Y, and Z, so some other SpongeTrons' last names will be the other 23 letters of the 26 lettered Latin alphabet and some numbers.
- SpongeTron briefly appears in "Ugh" during the part with "When Worlds Collide"
- Because he has some robotic parts, that would make him a cyborg sponge.