These are the rules for SpongeBob Galaxy Wiki.
- Don't be mean to other users.
- No backseat driving. If you're not an admin and you act like you are an admin then you will be blocked for 1-2 hours.
- If you want to be an admin, you need to make edits. You don't have to be doing it all the time, but at least a few every now and then. Inactive admins will be demoted.
- Do not vandalize pages or userpages, this includes blanking an entire page.
- Do not plagiarize! You may look off of other sites for info, but do not copy word for word! Doing so will result in a warning and then banning.
- Do not put misleading information in your profile. If misleading information is found it will be removed.
- Do not put inappriote pictures on your profile, if you do, you will be blocked for 6 months.
- Do not ever message a user on this wiki about something happening on another wiki, you will be warned 3 times if you have done it 3 times, and if you do it again, you will be blocked for a week.
Admin Specific Rules
I. General rules
- Do NOT abuse your power to block someone. Anyone found violating this rule will be warned on their first offence and be stripped after their second offence.
- If you're an admin, please make a discussion before changing anything important such as the logo or main page. Doing so without consulting a bureaucrat may result in a warning, and if continued a demotion.
- Do not make edits that affect the layout of the wiki without consulting a bureaucrat. Violating this rule will result in your edits being reverted until a bureaucrat approves of them. Continuing to make layout edits after being warned may result in you being stripped of your rights.
- If you are an admin and have not edited a single article within 2 months, you will be notified, and if you don't respond within a week, you will be demoted.
This wiki, like most wikis follows a hierarchy. This hierarchy is as follows (from highest to lowest rank):
Bureaucrat -> Administrator -> Chat Moderator -> Rollback -> User -> Anon
This user has the most power over the wiki. They are the Alphas of the wiki and have the ability to demote and promote administrators. They also have all the same abilities as administrators.
Administrators are a rank below bureaucrats. They have the ability to block users who may cause trouble on the wiki. They also have all the same abilities as chat moderators and rollbackers.
This rank is a rung below administrator. They can kick or ban people from the chatroom. They have slightly more influence than a regular user.
This is a regular user who is granted the ability to undo edits with one click. They don't have anymore influence than a regular user.
These people are the heart and soul of the community. They are what keep the wiki alive and thriving. They may not have as many rights as admins, but they can be just as influential as administrators if enough of them join together.
This is the lowest rank of all. This is a person who hasn't logged in. They have little to no influence.
- Don't mini-mod or you will be kicked; it is ok to remind others of the rules though.
- Follow the hierarchy, If you're an admin and a bureaucrat tells you to stop then stop. Likewise, if you are a chat mod and an admin tells you to stop then stop.
- You can say these cuss words in chat: Damn, and hell. All others will result in a warning.
- If you're a chat mod, don't abuse the power or you will be demoted.
- Don't do kickfest or banfest, this is considered power abuse.
- Don't make death threats or you will be banned.
- Don't spam or you will be kicked.
- No spamming links repetitively.
- No linking to pornography, if you do you will be banned for infinite.
- No talking about committing suicide or other sensitive topics so as to cause drama.